11 October 2012

Well, Hello!

Thanks for showing up! Next time we'll talk about actual movies, I promise. But I first wanted to get a little introduction out there for what I plan on doing. This is an idea that I have been mulling over for a while, and now I have finally decided to do it. This blog won't feature any (mis)adventures from my day-to-day; instead, it will discuss the movies that I watch, and what I thought of them. I'm not any kind of a critic, and I don't expect my reviews to be taken all that seriously. I just love film, and this is a great way to get my opinions out there where millions of people won't ever read them.

Of course my first consideration will be worthy new releases of note, whenever those occur. But I will also be talking about any older movies I watch. My idea is not to watch the terrible junk so you don't have to, but instead to let everybody know what great stuff there is out there, and hopefully broaden some horizons. And if you've got one you think I ought to see, let me know.

Now, it's October, so I thought we ought to start things off with a little seasonal fare. I haven't decided the full list yet, but I think the best way to get things going is with Alfred Hitchcock's 1960 masterpiece Psycho. I've included a taste of what is to come. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment